First conceived in the 1990s, the PETROSLEEVE® Pipeline Repair System is the result of many years of diverse and successful projects in pipeline integrity and pipeline construction completed by Petro-Line Upgrading Services Ltd.
The patented PETROSLEEVE® Pipeline Repair System was developed to permanently and quickly repair pipe defects without interrupting operations or requiring complex in-service welding procedures to weld to the pipeline.
Industry required a permanent repair solution after an increased discovery of significant Stress Corrosion Cracking (SCC).
The PETROSLEEVE® was first installed in Canada. Today, with over 28,000+ PETROSLEEVE® installations worldwide, we are truly the industries go-to gold standard in pipe repair.
- Today - Over 28,000+ PETROSLEEVE® installations worldwide
- 14. - PETROSLEEVE® is first used as a crack arrestor on low toughness pipeline
- 13. - PETROSLEEVE® is installed in France
- 12. - PETROSLEEVE® is installed in Papua New Guinea
- 11. - PETROSLEEVE® is first used as a CP test lead contact
- 10. - PETROSLEEVE® is installed in Australia
- 9. - The Canadian Standards Association (CSA) recognizes the “Steel Compression Reinforcement Sleeve” repair method with the PETROSLEEVE® meeting and exceeding Z662 standard
- 8. - PETROSLEEVE® is installed in the Dominican Republic
- 7. - DOT OPS Reviewed PETROSLEEVE® for use in United States
- 6. - PETROSLEEVE® is installed in Mexico
- 5. - PETROSLEEVE® is installed in the United States
- 4. - PETROSLEEVE® installed on a through wall anomaly for testing purposes
- 3. - Successful full scale testing completed
- 2. - PETROSLEEVE® is installed in Canada
- 1. - Industry required a permanent repair solution after an increased discovery of significant Stress Corrosion Cracking (SCC)
Using the PETROSLEEVE® Pipeline Repair System immediately reduces project costs. Alternative application options do not compete with our cost saving matrixes.
Immediate Savings: The PETROSLEEVE® offers cost savings on every installation. This is achieved in part because:
- • Repairs occur while your pipeline remains in operation
- • The immense costs of cut-out repairs are avoided
- • You will easily repair more pipeline in less time
- • PETROSLEEVE® eliminates lost production costs
- • The completed repair is permanent
- • Your repair budget is greatly extended
- • Every sleeve comes with free analysis/quality online control software
- • Free software reduces documentation costs
- • The PETROSLEEVE® exceeds code requirements
Cost and Safety Comparison: In a simple study reviewing both Cost Factor and Safety Risks inherent different methods of repairing defects, the PETROSLEEVE® clearly demonstrated immediate and cumulative project cost savings. The following cost and safety comparison studied a single defect repair on a NPS 20 pipeline. Important to note, this study excluded the enormous costs of operational shutdowns; a true benefit of using the PETROSLEEVE®.
• To consistently deliver reliable, dependable and exceptional client services
• To produce high-quality, rigorously tested and meticulously documented products
• To continuously provide support and training to our incredibly valued employees
• To immediately reduce project costs for our clients
• To promote site safety through low risk pipeline repair options that prevent line failures
• To provide repair solutions that reflect client, community and environmental values
Safety & Environment
After the installation of a PETROSLEEVE®, the pipeline owner can immediately confirm that their repair criteria has been achieved. You can have confidence in choosing the PETROSLEEVE® Pipeline Repair System as your pipeline repair method, knowing that zero failures have been reported for any installed PETROSLEEVE®.